Monday, September 14, 2009

double header

So now that I got into my rockin’ Nutrition and Public Health class, it means I don’t get home til like 9:15 on Monday nights. I can swing my Wednesday class that goes til 8 and just eat a late dinner, but 9:15 is just a little too late to just squeak by with a snack.

So, taking a cue from Kath and other night class pros, I went for the two-part dinner.

Part 1 (photographed in natural light):

DSCF2113

Buffalo chicken (<3<3<3) sandwich on spelt bread with lettuce and mustard. FAB! I ate this at our 7:20 break.

Dinner part 2 (my now-necessary desk-under-lamp shot):

DSCF2114 

I CANNOT GET ENOUGH! Khoriatiki salata is just the perfect food. And yknow, tomato season is almost over. I have to try and get my fix fixed!

DSCF2116

There are few foods that are more photogenic, too. Green peppers and cuc, red tomatoes, purple onion, white feta, glistening gold olive oil. Sprinklings of pepper. And, I have to say, the sesame-sprinkled Akmak crackers make a beautiful accompaniment (and are great for snatching up any mischievous feta that gets left behind!)

This afternoon I was crazy hungry after my workout, so after my fun variety-filled lunch I also had one of my bomb-diggity carrot muffins and some apple slices.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous salad pic! :)

fittingbackin said...

ooh Your salad looks so fabulous and colorful!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I like the two part dinner idea! Night classes were always tough for me...

The salad looks great!

Joanne said...

Colorful dishes definitely end up being way more beautiful than mono-colored ones. A good excuse to eat the rainbow!

I like the idea of two part dinners. The more food the better!

Mitri said...

Ahh! I hate it when my classes get in the way of dinner or lunch. Don't these peoples know I gots food to eat??